If you have received an email from anyone today inviting you to access/edit a Google Doc, do not open the message or click the link provided in it. The email looks legitimate but the URL provided maliciously grants access to your Gmail account. Delete this email from your account.
If you have clicked on the link and granted access to your account, please follow the instructions detailed below:
- Reset your Wharton Password
- Go to password.wharton.upenn.edu
- Click the "Reset My Password" link located under the Forgot My Password section
- Reset your Pennkey Password
- Go to http://www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey
- Click "Change my Pennkey password" option. If you do not remember your Pennkey password click "Forgot Pennkey Username/Password" option
- Check your Gmail Connected Apps
- Login to your Wharton Gmail Account
- Click your account image in the top-right of your screen
- Click My Account
- Click Sign In & Security
- Scroll down the page until you see the section titled "Connected Apps & Sites"
- Look at what apps are listed under "Apps connected to your account"
- Click "Manage Apps"
- If you see "Google Docs" remove that application
- Run Gmail Security Checklist at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7036019
- (Optional)Turn on 2-step verification https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at email@example.com .