The Wharton Research Data Service (WRDS) is a web-based business data research service, developed at Wharton in 1993 to support faculty research at Wharton. The service has become a common tool for research now used in many institutions.
The process to gain access to WRDS has changed for Wharton account holders.
Note: This only affects Wharton users who do not have an existing WRDS account.
To gain access to WRDS, you will need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the WRDS homepage
- Select Register for a WRDS Account
- For Institution, select The Wharton School from the drop-down list
- For Affiliation With Institution, select Masters Student
NOTE: select this even if you are an undergraduate student
- Fill in your First Name, Last Name, and Wharton Email (PennkeyUsername@wharton.upenn.edu) accordingly.
- Type in a desired username & expected date to receive your degree
NOTE: This can be the same as your PennKey username if said username has not already been taken for a WRDS account. It is possible for this WRDS username to be different from your PennKey username.
- Click Register
- You will be presented with the Registration - Input Check screen. Ensure all of the information you inputted is correct. If so, click Complete Registration
- You will be presented with the Registration - Account Registered page. You will now need to verify your Wharton Email Account.
- Navigate to your Wharton Email inbox, to find the WRDS Access Verification email
- Click the link provided to verify your Wharton Email
If you are a Wharton student and need help logging in, contact the Student Support team. For all other questions about using the WRDS service, contact the WRDS Team.