Set Up Forwarding
To change the forwarding of your Wharton email:
- Go to SPIKE and click the My Account link.
- Click the My Email link.
- Choose the link 'Forward or Unforward My Email', and log in with your Wharton account.
Enter the new email destination.
- Click the Change Email Forwarding button.
- Send a test message to confirm that the change has registered. (Changes in forwarding can take up to 20 minutes to update.
Gmail users: If you forward your mail to a Gmail account, send any test messages through a different account. Gmail does not deliver mail you send or CC to yourself from your forwarded account.
Unforwarding Your Email
To unforward your email, follow the steps above. In Step 4, check the option Forward My Email to Google@Wharton.
Tips About Forwarding
- Forwarded email is not stored on Wharton email servers and cannot be recovered by Wharton; it bypasses our email server security measures and is not scanned for viruses or processed through the spam filters.
- If you would like to send email from your personal account using your Wharton address, you will need to specify the "reply to" address as your Wharton address. This is required by security measures in place on the Wharton email servers. (Note: Not all email programs allow you to set the "reply to" address).
- The address you list in Penn Directory affects your access to several services. For more information, see our KB article on Default Addresses.
Forward your Wharton address to your Personal Gmail
If you prefer to forward your Wharton email account to a personal Gmail account, it's best to follow these steps:
- Set up your Wharton and Lifelong address "Send As" settings in Gmail. This will allow you to send and reply to emails from your Gmail account using your Wharton email address.
- Forward your Wharton account to your personal Gmail account using the steps above.