1. Find your Courses
Use your Wharton Account and log in with the URLs below. Then click on the Courses link to see a list of the courses you have in Wharton Canvas. If you're having trouble finding a course, note that the Law School uses a different Canvas URL.
2. Sign up for Groups or Teams
If the course you are taking offers groups for signup:
- Click on the People link in the course navigation on the left.
- Click on the Groups tab.
- Choose the team you want to join.
3. Adjust your Notification Settings
Use Notification Preferences to set how Canvas notifies you of course events -- ASAP, daily, weekly, or never. By default, all types of notifications will go to your University email address, but you may also receive notifications via other email addresses, text messaging, or other web services.
Note that the Grading notification preference which allows you to "Include scores when alerting about grade changes" will not work at Penn. To comply with University privacy guidelines, grade information will not be sent through insecure channels like email.
Many Wharton faculty expect that you will receive certain notifications immediately. It's suggested that you consider implementing the following settings. You can always adjust your notifications later if you find the frequency is not working for you.
- Course Activities --> Due Date: Daily or ASAP
- Course Activities --> Files: Daily
- Course Activities --> Announcement: ASAP
- Conversations --> All Categories: ASAP
- Scheduling --> All Categories: ASAP
4. Use the Calendar
The Canvas Calendar shows you all your assignments and events for all your Canvas courses in one place. Note that this is different information than what is shown in your SPIKE calendar, which contains just your class meeting times.
- Click on the Calendar link on the left side of the screen.
- Use the Calendar Feed link to import your calendars into your phone, tablet, or computer’s calendar.
- Use Find Appointment to sign up for meals with your professor, office hours or other special meetings. Here are some tips for appointment signup.
5. Getting Help
- Click the Help link at the bottom left hand corner of the screen and fill out the form, OR
- Email email@example.com
- Contact us using the help channels on the Student Support Site.