The GSRs in the Forum level of JMHH are equipped with computers and screens to enable sharing and videoconferencing. They are managed by a touchscreen mounted on the wall next to the screen.
- Look for the touch panel on the right side of the room. Touch the screen to automatically display the installed PC to the monitor on the wall.
- Select which source you would like to display on the screen.
- Log in using the mouse and keyboard on the table. You must be logged into the room's PC in order to use the wifi display options. Make sure the button on the wall display panel is set to Resident PC.
To display your own laptop
- Plug in to either the HDMI or VGA cables provided under the monitor. Be sure to plug in the audio plug, otherwise you will hear a hum.
- Press either HDMI or VGA on the touch panel, depending on which you have plugged into.
- To display a device to the screen wirelessly, see the Wireless Guide: Forum GSRs.
Adjust the Volume
- Adjust the speaker volume using the up and down buttons on the upper left of the touch panel.
- Shut off the volume using the mute button. If the button is red, you will not hear anything from the speakers.
Presentation Timer (optional)
- Set a timer using the Hours and Minutes buttons. Once the appropriate amount of time is displayed on the screen, press Start Timer.
- Time remaining will actively count down on the screen.
- Press Pause Stop to temporarily pause the timer, Resume will make the countdown continue.
- Press the X in the upper right corner of the pop up window to minimize the countdown on the top bar of the main screen. Press Pause/Stop Presentation Timer will return the pop up window to the screen.
- Press to stop the timer, close the pop up, and return you to the main page of the touch screen.
- Remember to log out of the PC (the system will not log you off by any other means), and press System Shutdown.
- Unplug any cables from your laptop, and press the retraction buttons over the appropriate cable. Be sure to hold the end of the cable in your hand to retract it slowly, it will move quickly and may whip around if you don’t.
If you are having trouble with one of the technologies in the room, see if your question is listed here. If not, or the solution doesn't solve the problem, please submit a ticket to the Student Support Team.
I walked into the room, and nothing is working.
- Find the touch panel to the right of the display. Is it blank? Touch it, and the display should turn on.
The touch panel is on, but it’s not responding when I press it.
- The touch panel is likely frozen, and it will need to be addressed by a technician. You will need to find a new room to use, but we want to know you had a problem. Please let us know by submitting a ticket.
The touch panel says the display is warming up, but nothing’s happening.
- Check for a little light on the bottom right of the display. If the light is green, try clicking the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard. The PC should come up within a second or two.
- If the light is red, the display didn’t turn on. Press the System Shutdown button on the touch panel, wait a few seconds for it to shut down and return to the welcome screen, and press the touch panel again to turn the system on again. You can also try to switch between sources on the touch panel by pressing HDMI, wait a few seconds, then pressing Resident PC again.
My Laptop won’t display.
- Ensure that you’ve selected the correct source on the touch panel, either HDMI or VGA, and that it is plugged securely into your laptop.
- Unplug it, and plug it in again.
- If it still doesn’t display, try the following:
- Mac: it should be automatically detected, but you can select outputs by clicking on System Preferences -> Display.
- PC: Look for the key with a picture of a monitor on it. Press Fn and that key at the same time.