>> Wharton Student Computing's Knowledge Base Has Moved . Find the most up to date information here.

Name Changes for PennKey


If you already have a PennKey and wish to change it, the University requires that you meet at least one of the following criteria. 

  • You have legally changed your name
    • If this is your situation, please start by updating your official University record through your Program Office
  • Your PennName is judged offensive to the Penn Community
  • You are being harassed or threatened through email.

If you meet these criteria, please contact support@wharton.upenn.edu explaining your situation.

If you do not meet these criteria, you are not eligible for a name change.  The rules on this are quite strict; please see the University's policy on this at http://www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey/help/faq.html#g100

Alumni Forwarding Email Address Alternative

You can use your Alumni forwarding email address instead of your "short" Wharton address.  This address can be configured as a Reply-To for your email account and will be yours after you graduate.  For more information please see Alumni Email Address

Article last updated:
Have more questions or want to report an error with this article?Submit a request