To help you keep track of your password life, the University of Pennsylvania has partnered with LastPass to make this password management software available to all members of the Penn community.
The software is available for download from Penn's website here, along with comprehensive instructions.
NOTE: Choose a strong but memorable Master Password! If you forget your password, account recovery can be very difficult. If you are unable to go through account recovery, your account will need to be reset (lose all data)! See here for more details.
We have a few additional tips that may be helpful:
- When setting up the account, make sure to choose a strong, unique password that isn't used for anything else.
- LastPass is a useful website that can be utilized to keep track of many things, not just passwords. The "Add Secure Note" feature allows you to keep track of information that you need secure and accessible, whether it's a WiFi network login, social security number, or a PIN code.
- Add a recovery phone # by going to Account Settings -> General -> SMS Account Recovery. This is recommended in case you need to recover the account.
- Add an extra layer of security: Go to Settings and choose Multi-Factor options to add an extra layer of security.
- Chrome users: we recommend not using the autofill password option for this website. If anyone has access to the computer, then they'll automatically have access to LastPass, which will then give access to everything on your LastPass account.
- For more information, consult the Last Pass user manual https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/
Note: Students will not lose any data stored in their LastPass Premium account when the subscription expires but will lose their Multi-Factor options after.