Your courses are available as feeds which you can sync to your laptop and mobile calendars. The most efficient way to do this is to first synchronize your course and calendar feeds with your Google@Wharton calendar. Once you've done this the information will automatically show up in your device calendars.
All Course registration information is maintained in the University's Databases. Wharton gets a copy of these registrations each morning, but it can take a day for changes from Wharton's Course Match or other systems to reach the University. Thus, changes to registration information should appear one to two days following the one in which the changes were made. If it has been more than 2 days since changes were made to your schedule, please contact the Student Support Team.
Add your Course Feeds to your Google@Wharton Calendar
Directions for how to subscribe to your Wharton Courses calendar feed using Google@Wharton.
A few points to know about calendar subscriptions:
- They automatically update when the course information changes
- You can NOT edit them
Use these directions to add courses to your Wharton Google calendar using a browser.
- On your laptop, log into SPIKE.
- Click on the Calendar tab, and choose Calendar Feeds.
- Choose the kind of feed you would like to add. You can choose to add your Courses, or Events. Within the Events option, you can narrow your choices to just those feeds you wish to see in your calendar.
- Copy the subscription URL in the gray box.
- Open another tab, log into Gmail and click on the calendars icon.
- Click the arrow next to Other Calendars on the left-hand side of your screen and choose Add by URL.
- Paste in the URL that you copied from the Calendar Subscription URL and click Add Calendar.
- After a few minutes, the subscribed calendar should appear in your Wharton Google calendar. They should also appear on any devices you have configured to display your Wharton calendar. If they don't, try the following:
- iOS: open your calendar application and press Calendars at the bottom.
- Android: open your calendar application and select Calendars from the menu in the upper right corner.
Add Courses to a device
If you follow the directions above, your calendar should show up on all your devices. However, there are times when you may need to add this course feed to your device manually. For example:
- You do not want to add your course feeds to your Gmail calendar
- You only want to add your course feeds to one device
iOS Device Configuration
Directions for manually configuring your iOS device (iPhone, iPad)
- Log in to SPIKE and click on the Calendar tab on the device you wish to add the calendar to.
- Click on Calendar Feeds => Course Feeds.
- Click Open Calendar in a Desktop Application button:
- Click Subscribe on the popup.
- A confirmation will appear, and you will have subscribed the calendar to your device. NOTE: You will have to repeat this process for each iOS device you would like to sync.
Android Device Configuration
Android devices must use the Google sync directions for browsers listed above.