This article is for students who previously configured their personal Gmail account to send as their Wharton address. If you are setting this up for the first time, see the complete directions.
If you are trying to send Wharton emails through your personal Gmail account under your Wharton alias, these are the steps you need to take.
- Log into your Wharton@Google account, go to the Less Secure Apps page, and make sure it's set to Turn on.
- Log into your Personal Gmail and choose the Gear icon.
- Choose Settings => Accounts
- In the 'Send mail as:' section choose either Add another email address or Edit Info next to your Wharton address.
- Make sure the Treat as Alias option is checked. Click Next Step.
- Enter the Following information:
- UserName@wharton.upenn.edu (Even if you are doing this for your Alumni forwarding address, use your userName@wharton.upenn.edu address, not your Alumni forwarding address)
- Wharton Password
- Click Save Changes or Add Account.